Horse Network

Equestrian Community

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:57 pm 

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2156333/Teenager-19-battered-dog-hammer-20-times-stabbed-chest-leaving-home-sign-JobCentre.html

This moron is 'local' coming from Wigan. lets hope he gets the custodial sentence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:05 pm 

.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2518074/RSPCA-inspectors-horror-family-SPARED-jail-leaving-8-puppies-starve-death.html

staffies again, 8 pups starved to death lay in their own faeces and eating each other to survive.

and no custodial sentences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:55 pm 

Couldn't stop myself from sobbing after reading both articles. People who are capable of such cruelty are a danger to society and quite frankly should never see the light of day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:05 pm 

I think there are plenty of us would like to give them a taste of their own medicine. I am not a 'doggy' person, but this hit home as I have just got a pup after my oldie died 6 months ago at age almost 15.

These people WILL go on to bully, abuse, rape, murder, there are very strong sociological / psychological studies that show animal abusers do escalate, they need locking up. These people are sub-human.

The trust and companionship they give you should be treasured, not abused. I feel guilty that pup has to stay in at present as her vacs need to be completed. The previous one to the last, also made it to 15 and on several occasions prevented burglary by her advance warning. Its not rocket science to train a dog to be loyal, loving, and obedient, they just need clear signals, consistency, and rewards.